lic scholarship 2022 | LIC GOLDEN JUBILEE SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME
lic scholarship 2022 | LIC GOLDEN JUBILEE SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME – 2022 FOR STUDENTS BELONGING TO THE ECONOMICALLY WEAKER SECTION FOR PURSUING HIGHER STUDIES.
The objective of the scheme is to award scholarships to meritorious students belonging to Economically Weaker Sections so as to provide them with better opportunities for higher education and employment.
The scholarship is to be awarded for studies in India in a government or private college/university. It will also cover technical and vocational courses in Industrial Training Institutes/ Industrial Training Centres affiliated with the National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT) and also Integrated Courses after XII Std.
For Regular Scholar
- All candidates who have passed Class XII exam (or its equivalent – Regular/Vocational) / Diploma with at least 60% marks (or equivalent grade) in the Academic Year 2021-22 and whose parents/guardian have an annual income (from all sources) not exceeding Rs.2,50,000 per annum* (please refer clause 6 (i) – relaxation) are eligible to apply for scholarship. The grant is provided to students who are interested (and willing) to pursue higher education in the field of Medicine, Engineering, Graduation in any discipline, Integrated Courses, Diploma Course in any field or other equivalent courses, Vocational Courses through Government recognized Colleges /Institutes or courses in Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs).
- All candidates who have passed Class X exam (or its equivalent) with at least 60% marks (or equivalent grade) in the Academic Year 2021-22 and whose parents/guardian have an annual income (from all sources) not exceeding Rs.2,50,000 per annum. The grant is provided to students who are pursuing higher education in the field of Vocational / Diploma Courses through Government recognized colleges/ institutions or courses in Industrial Training Institutes (ITI).
For Special Girl Child Scholar
•To encourage education to girl child, Special scholarship for Girl Child after class 10 for pursuing higher studies in Intermediate/10 + 2 pattern/ Vocational or Diploma Courses through Government recognized colleges/ institutions or courses in Industrial Training Institutes (ITI) for two years. Candidates who have passed Class X exam (or its equivalent) with at least 60% marks (or equivalent grade) in the Academic Year 2021-22 and whose parents/guardian have an annual income (from all sources) not exceeding Rs. 2,50,000 per annum.
Note: The Regular scholarship should strictly be provided only to students who are going for under-graduation (or its equivalent including Integrated Courses). This scholarship is not meant for post-graduation studies.
Scholarship shall be provided for the entire duration of the course for Regular Scholars and two years for Special Girl Scholar, subject to the candidate fulfilling the requisite eligibility conditions for renewal.
5. RATE OF SCHOLARSHIP
1) An amount of Rs.20,000/- per annum will be awarded to the selected Regular Scholar and shall be payable in three instalments.
2) An amount of Rs.10,000/ per annum will be awarded for selected Special Girl Child and scholarship shall be payable in three instalments.
The Scholarship amount will be transferred to Bank Account of the selected scholar through NEFT. In case the candidate is selected for scholarship, the Bank Account details and IFSC code and copy of cancelled cheque with name of beneficiary is compulsory. In case of merged banks, the new IFSC Code of the Bank should be mentioned. The Bank Account to which the amount to be transferred has to be active and in case it is dormant, the same should be activated before the details are provided. Maximum balance allowed under the bank account should also be checked.
6. CONDITIONS FOR SCHOLARSHIP
(i) Scholarship shall be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 60% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination and the annual income of whose parents/guardians from all sources does not exceed Rs.2,50,000/- per annum.
Relaxations in upper limit of annual income criteria from the present Rs. 2.5 lakhs to Rs.4 lakhs shall be granted only in cases where a woman (widow/single mother/unmarried) is the sole bread earner of the family.
(ii) Selection of LIC Scholar will be on the basis of merit and family background such as percentage of marks in class 12th /10th and annual income of the family. Final Selection of candidates shall be done on merit based on the list of candidates eligible for selection in the descending order of marks obtained.
(iii) In case of tie in the percentage of marks, students whose parent is having lowest income shall be given preference.
(iv) Candidates who gain lateral entry in 2 nd Year Engineering Degree courses or take regular admission in the 1 st Year of Engineering Degree courses after completing Diploma shall be eligible for GJF Scholarship provided they have passed Diploma with 60% in the immediate preceding academic year.
(v) Candidates who change their stream after getting selected for Scholarship and the course duration is greater than the stream for which the student is selected, such students will continue to receive scholarship only for the duration for which they were originally selected. However, if candidate switches to a stream with lesser duration, then scholarship will be payable for the duration of the stream with lesser duration.
(vi) Candidates who are pursuing courses under any stream through Correspondence or Part Time (Evening or Night Classes) / private candidates shall not be eligible for Scholarship.
(vii) Candidates desirous of pursuing Diploma course in any stream after Class X will be allowed Scholarship under ‘Special Girl Scholar’ or ‘Regular Scholar’ category.
(viii) Candidates passing Class XII (vocational) and pursuing studies in any stream as approved under the Scholarship Scheme 2022 will be considered for scholarship.
(ix) The candidate should secure more than 55%marks in professional streams and 50% marks in graduation courses in Arts/Science/Commerce or equivalent grade in the previous final examination of the course for which scholarship is awarded, failing which the scholarship will be discontinued.
(x) Candidates selected under category ‘Special Girl Child’ should secure 50% marks in 11 th std to become eligible for renewal scholarship.
(xi) Scholarship will not be given to more than one student in a family.
(xii) The students should be regular in attendance for which the yardstick shall be decided by the competent authority of the school/college/university.
(xiii) Income certificate should be on self-certification basis by way of an affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper for self-employed parents and from employer for employed parents supported by documents (from revenue department) such as land held in the name of parents.
(xiv) If a student violates any terms and conditions of the scholarship, the scholarship may be suspended or cancelled.
(xv) If a student is found to have obtained a scholarship by false statement/certificates, his/her scholarship shall be cancelled forthwith and the amount of the scholarship paid shall be recovered, at the discretion of the concerned Divisional Administration of LIC.
(xvi) Out of the shortlisted candidates, Twenty (20) students will be selected under Regular Scholarship Scheme and ten (10) under Girl Child Scholarship Scheme depending upon merit and eligibility by the Divisional Office for grant of scholarships
7. MODE OF APPLYING
ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS ARE TO BE SUBMITTED THROUGH THE LINK ON THE HOME PAGE at www.licindia.in. Once online application is submitted, the candidate will get acknowledgement on the email ID provided by him in the online application. Further correspondence will be made by the Divisional Office which is mentioned in the acknowledgement mail. The candidate should ensure to submit his correct email id and contact number for communication at a later date, if required. For further details, candidates may refer to the document “Instructions to candidates for online submission of application for GJF Scholarship Scheme 2022-23.”
Last date for online application is 18.12.2022
Read Also This
- 12th Pass Requirement 2023 | Recruitment of Business Associate in JK Finance, apply soon
- Clerk Engineer Recruitment : Recruitment to the posts of Clerk and Engineer in Ministry Department
- Defense Ministry Recruitment 2023 | Various Recruitment for the post of Foreman (Aeronautical)
- Foreman Recruitment 2023 | Recruitment on various posts in the Aeronautical Department, apply soon
- JSSC Panchayat Sachiv Result : Final list of more than 1000 thousand posts of Panchayat Secretary released
- Constable Vacancy 2023: Government job recruitment for 10th pass in ministry department
- CG MGNREGA BHARTI 2023: Government job recruitment in District Panchayat MNREGA Department
- Data Entry Vacancy 2023 : मंत्रालय विभाग में डाटा एंट्री के पदों पर भर्ती
- Sub Inspector Recruitment : पुलिस विभाग में 500 पदों पर निकली सरकारी नौकरी भर्ती
- PM Rojgar Mela : रोजगार मेले का दूसरा चरण, इन शहरों के युवाओं को नियुक्ति पत्र देंगे पीएम मोदी